Road tripping and motion sickness; they sometimes go hand in hand. It’s a bittersweet relationship.
When I was younger, my mom would drive us down to Florida every March break. It was a 48 hour road trip that was always full of adventure and fun until she invited her best friend and her kids. I have to say, we were all very excited about the big adventure – a car full of two crazy moms and six loud girls traveling from Toronto to Clearwater Beach – how could it not be fun?
It wasn’t fun when one of the other girls ( not my sisters) started to throw up… and continued throughout the whole trip. It was miserable.
It is a true blessing and I am incredibly grateful as neither of my kids have morning sickness, however, I have been exposed to it. Yet, motion sickness can be prevented or least made better.
When my kids were born and before our first big road trip, I made sure a had a few tricks that will help prevent motion sickness and/or give some relief.
Motion Sickness Prevention:
- About 20 minutes before you begin to travel take ginger capsules, crystallized pieces, powder or extract. You can take during the trip as well.
- Homeopathic Tabacum 30c can be very helpful. Place 3 pellets under your tongue and let dissolve.
* You can purchase at any health food store.
- Peppermint essential oil will calm the stomach. You may either dab by the nose, place a few drops in a carrier oil and massage on neck or sprinkle on tissue to inhale aroma
- Sip Raspberry tea during the trip.
Do you have any suggestions?
The first edition HBD Activity Workbooks and Audio CDs are great for summer road trips! And they are on SALE – BIG TIME. Bundle up 5 for $24.99 and that includes shipping. Click here to purchase
The ebook apps will keep the kids happy and give you some peace and quiet during your road trip!