What is Postnasal Drip?
Postnasal drip is when the nose and sinuses produce too much mucous. The body produces mucous to help push out germs and other irritants; therefore, postnasal drip is often due to allergens if chronic or bacterial infection if acute.
mucus in the throat, nasal congestion, sore throat, constant wiping of nose, couching or clearing throat
- The first thing that needs to be addressed is the bedroom ( bedding). Often times, old mattresses, pillows and bedding are the sole culprits. It is best to replace them and wash bedding regularly ( at least one time a week).
- I often suggest to people to keep their bedrooms a sanctuary where no dirty shoes or clothes are present. Laundry hampers are in the bathroom and dirty shoes taken off outside.
- Allergy tests: environmental and food ( both IgE and IgG) are recommended if symptoms do not get better.
- N-acetylcysteine ( NAC), a form of the amino acid, cysteine, has shown good benefits by breaking down mucous and dissolving it. dosage: take a couple caps in the morning.
- Most importantly, drink plenty of water.
To purchase good quality supplements click here: Emerson Ecologics Supplements (CODE # 96743))
YouTube Video: Back to School Sniffles
Image credit: Google Images